Randy represents and counsels private and institutional clients in general business litigation, commercial paper and borrower workout, employment, intellectual property, product liability defense, construction law, and shareholder dispute matters. He has extensive litigation experience in the state and federal trial and appellate courts as well as various state and federal administrative agencies.
Randy also provides counsel to a diverse client base including financial institutions, business services, medical groups, wholesalers, retailers, professional services organizations and manufacturers.
Corporate & Business
Litigation & Disputes
Temple University School of Law, J.D.
American International College, B.S.
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Bedford Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
Boards and Community Activities
- New Bedford Economic Development Council
- Former Member of Board of Directors, Executive Board
- YMCA SouthCoast
- Town Fire District I Warrant, Dartmouth
- Registrar of Voters, Town of Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Town Republican Committee
- Massachusetts State Republican Convention
- SouthCoast Hospital Business Advisor Council
- The Lloyd Center for Environmental Studies
- Downtown New Bedford, Inc.
- Dartmouth Education Foundation
- Greater New Bedford Industrial Foundation
- University of Massachusetts Center for Marketing Research
- Represented clients in appeals before Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Massachusetts Court of Appeals and First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Tried trademark appeal before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Defended trademark and trade dress actions in federal courts.
- Represented financial institutions in claims against defaulting borrowers.
- Defended financial institutions regarding claims of unlawful lending and collection practices.
- Represented financial institution in corporate reorganization, name change and trademarking of new name and brand.
- Defended employer in Worker’s Compensation retaliation suit trial.
- Defended Fortune 1000 corporation in federal court jury trial regarding seven figure breach of contract claim.
- Represented owners, contractors and materialmen in Federal Miller Act action, State Bond Claims and State Mechanic’s Lien cases.
- Defended manufacturers in product liability cases.
- Represented property owners in real estate disputes.
- Defended legal malpractice claim against attorney.
- Represented medical practice groups before various administrative agencies.
- Represented business and shareholders in shareholder disputes and derivative actions.
- Represented individuals and entities in numerous corporate organizations and reorganizations, sales and acquisition of stock, sale and acquisition of assets, and other related corporate matters.
- Recognized as “top litigation talent” by Benchmark: Litigation, a guide to America’s leading business litigation firms and attorneys