Mike concentrates his practice in real estate, renewable energy, commercial finance, business and administration of trusts and estates. He has extensive experience in both complex residential and commercial land development, construction, and renewable energy projects. He counsels and represents developers, and commercial lenders with respect to site acquisition, obtaining local and state regulatory approvals, due diligence, zoning, planning, regulatory compliance, structuring, and negotiating financing, licensing and complex leasing and is a qualified intermediary for 1031 tax-deferred exchanges.
Mike serves as legal advisor to diverse businesses both small and midsize. Mike serves as the Chairman of the Dartmouth Conservation Commission in South Eastern New England, which provides him with a unique perspective in strategically assisting clients to obtain the necessary approvals at the state and local level. He advises clients with respect to their personal planning and wealth preservation needs, including estate plans, estate administration and business succession planning.
Mike has served as an expert witness in Massachusetts Probate and Superior Courts regarding real estate and trust and estate administration matters.
Corporate & Business
Energy & Environmental
Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Bucknell University, B.A.
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bristol County Bar Association
- New Bedford Bar Association
- Dartmouth Conservation Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Real Estate Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Committee
Boards and Community Activities
- Child & Family Services of New Bedford
- Corporator, Former Director
- Dartmouth Rotary Club
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Past President
- Crystal Springs School
- Boys and Girls Club of New Bedford, Inc.
- Board of Directors, President
- Represents renewable energy developers in Massachusetts on large scale projects at the local and state level including obtaining approvals from planning boards, zoning boards, conservation commissions, MADEP, MAPUC and the Energy Facility Siting Board.
- Represented commercial real estate developers on complex project involving historic review, site plan review, special permits, variances, municipal negotiations, and appeals.
- Represents large corporate developers for local and state regulatory approvals at multiple sites.
- Represents a large commercial client on general business, energy and environmental matters.
- Represented numerous clients to successfully transition family-owned businesses.
- Represent commercial lenders in closing complex credit facilities.
Representative Speaking Engagements