Lawrence serves as outside corporate legal counsel to a broad range of emerging and established businesses, including web-based, software, clean energy and medical device companies, professional practices, restaurants and food product companies, and real estate developers.
He offers comprehensive and practical advice on matters throughout the company life-cycle, beginning with choice of entity and business organization, equity and debt financing, employee incentive compensation plans (equity and non-equity), shareholder/partnership agreements, commercial real estate leases and purchases, licenses, employment, tax, mergers, acquisitions and other exit strategies. Lawrence has particular experience in helping businesses owners proactively plan and prepare for a successful sale and transfer of their company.
Lawrence is also a business resource for his clients, connecting them with other professionals, businesses and business owners who will mutually benefit from such a relationship.
Lawrence also represents banks and borrowers in negotiations and documentation of asset-based term loan and lines of credit and the financing for real estate acquisitions and development.
Corporate & Business
Nonprofit & Tax-Exempt
Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review, Production and Articles Editor
University of Southern California, B.A. Economics, cum laude
Lawrence received his education on both coasts, but decided that four seasons were better than one. He now resides in Maynard, MA with his wife Corinne, and his two children, Sophia and Ethan. When he is not chasing his precocious progeny, he enjoys golf, basketball, tennis and hiking with his family.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Real Estate and Commercial Lending
- Represented one of the largest private real estate development companies in the U.S. relative to construction and acquisition financing of several southeastern Massachusetts shopping centers.
- Counsel for a custom design/build residential developer in its acquisition and financing of real estate development projects throughout southeastern Massachusetts and the preparation of condominium and homeowner association documents for its development communities.
- Represented a privately-held company in acquisition and financing of five commercial properties in the South Shore totaling over $23 million.
- Lenders counsel to several regional banks in Massachusetts and corporate borrowers, documenting and negotiating loan documents for term loans and lines of credits for business working capital, real estate acquisition and construction loans for developers and investment companies.
- Gifts of Privately Held Company Interests to a Charity August 11, 2023
- Corporate Transparency Act: Is Your Company Subject to the New Beneficial Owner Reporting Requirements? May 9, 2023
- New PPP Loan Forgiveness FAQs Released August 6, 2020
- What Businesses Can Do To Prepare For Coronavirus March 10, 2020
- Biometric Information Privacy Laws Could Have Major Consequences As seen in The Standard Insurance Magazine, May 3, 2019
- Using Convertible Notes or Safes? Beware of The Liquidation Overhang! January 19, 2017
- Don’t give away equity As seen in Providence Business News, September 23, 2016, September 23, 2016
Representative Speaking Engagements