PS&H Employment & Labor attorneys Alicia Samolis and Joshua Xavier will lead a live continuing legal education webinar hosted by the Rhode Island Bar Association on COVID-19 in the workplace. The webinar will take place from 11am to 1pm on Thursday, December 10, 2020.
The program will provide an overview of the latest legal issues attorneys need to know when advising their clients on COVID-19 employment issues. Topics that will be discussed include:
- Employer requirements under the governor’s current COVID-19 Orders
- Federal COVID leave law update
- Handling employee requests to stay out of work due to disability or fear
- Contracting COVID-19 at work
- Special considerations for layoffs, furloughs, pay cuts and hours reductions due to COVID-19
- Emerging wage and hour issues resulting from working from home and changes in pay
- Whistleblower liabilities resulting from COVID-19 concerns
To learn more and register for this CLE click here.