Partridge Snow & Hahn Partner and Chair of the Employment & Labor Practice, Alicia Samolis, serves as a panelist at PBN’s Spring Health Care Summit on April 1st. Alicia speaks about the impacts the Coronavirus has had from the human resources and employment law perspective. The summit, which focuses solely on the Coronavirus pandemic, is a virtual event.
To read PBN’s recap and to view a full recording of the virtual event click here.
Topics include the following:
- Legal and workplace implications for businesses. Guidance for employers on how to deal with the potential of the Coronavirus in the workplace: employee privacy considerations; paid sick leave requirements; quarantines; travel bans; tactical suggestions, etc.
- The role of radiologists in the state in diagnosing cases and working with government officials and health care providers
- How companies have responded to the Coronavirus in terms of sick leave, travel bans, etc.
- Resources available for employers and employees
- The role of health care insurers and their response to the current pandemic
- How telemedicine can and is helping
- Dr. Terrance Healey, Thoracic Radiologist, Rhode Island Medical Imaging
- Ed Huttenhower, State Director, RI Small Business Development Center at URI
- Dr. Claire Levesque, Chief Medical Officer, Commercial Products, Tufts Health Plan
- Dr. Ed McGookin, Chief Medical Officer, Coastal Medical
- Dr. Christopher Ottiano, Medical Director, Neighborhood Health Plan of RI
- Alicia Samolis, Esq. – Partner & Chair of the Labor & Employment Practice, Partridge Snow & Hahn