Mike, a member of the Real Estate, Trust & Estate, Commercial Lending and Business Groups, concentrates his practice in real estate, personal planning and administration of trusts and estates. He has extensive experience in both complex residential and commercial land development and construction projects. He counsels and represents developers, and commercial lenders with respect to site acquisition, due diligence, zoning, planning, regulatory compliance, structuring and negotiating financing, licensing and complex leasing and is a qualified intermediary for 1031 tax-deferred exchanges.
Mike serves as legal advisor to diverse businesses both small and midsize. He advises clients with respect to their personal planning and wealth preservation needs, including estate plans, estate administration and business succession planning.
Mike has served as an expert witness in Massachusetts Probate and Superior Courts regarding real estate and trust and estate administration matters.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Bucknell University, B.A.
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Bristol County Bar Association
- New Bedford Bar Association
- Dartmouth Conservation Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Real Estate Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Committee
- Child & Family Services of New Bedford
- Corporator, Former Director
- Dartmouth Rotary Club
- Paul Harris Fellow
- Past President
- Crystal Springs School
- Board of Directors
- Boys and Girls Club of New Bedford, Inc.
- Board of Directors, President
- Represented commercial real estate developers on complex project involving historic review, site plan review, special permits, variances, municipal negotiations, and appeals.
- Represents large corporate developers for regulatory approvals at multiple sites.
- Represents a large commercial client on general business and environmental matters.
- Represented numerous clients successfully transition family-owned businesses.
- Represent commercial lenders in closing complex credit facilities.
- ABC's of Land Development
Published by the SouthCoast Chamber of Commerce and New England Real Estate Journal , May 10, 2018
- "Massachusetts Homestead Now Available to Trust Beneficiary"