Travis focuses his practice on representing clients in a variety of complex commercial disputes and environmental litigation before state and federal courts. Travis provides practical, cost-effective advice to clients with environmental contamination issues, whether those clients are cleaning up hazardous materials and seeking contribution from previous owners or adjacent landowners or facing claims under Massachusetts’ Chapter 21E or the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) for their alleged role in contamination. He advises and represents clients on environmental compliance, planning, site remediation and redevelopment, and cost recovery matters.
Travis’s litigation practice encompasses other related claims and disputes, such as lease and contract disputes and negotiations with regulators, as well as general business litigation including employment matters. Because his practice involves both individual landowners and large companies, Travis has familiarity with a wide range of tools for cost-effectively managing large and small litigation and especially the complex discovery that often accompanies environmental cases, including electronic discovery methods and the use of technology to manage production and document review.
Prior to joining Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP, Travis was an associate at the New York offices of Latham & Watkins LLP. Travis grew up in Rhode Island and was formerly a technical writer and sales consultant at a Rhode Island automation and technology company.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
- Pepperdine Law Review, Business and Production Editor
- Pepperdine University Straus Institute, Master of Dispute Resolution
- Seton Hall University, B.A., magna cum laude
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- New York
- Rhode Island
- U.S. Federal District Court, New York
- U.S. Federal District Court, Massachusetts
- Recognized in both 2013 and 2014 as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- There's a smartphone app for that? EPA compliance: The next generation
As appeared in the New England Real Estate Journal, December 2, 2016
- Hold the (cell) phone! NFL Lawsuit May Hinge on Spoliation
- Becoming an Expert at Experts: A Guide for Young Attorneys
American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, July 2015, 01 July 2015
- Testing the Limits: Environmental Indemnity Agreements and Managing Risk
- "Mortgage Foreclosure Ordinances Preempted by Existing State Law"
- "New Standard for Environmental Assessments Gaining Traction"
- Partridge Snow & Hahn Elects Travis McDermott, Alexandra Pezzello and Lawrence Sheh to Partner
January 7, 2019
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
American Lawyer Media, October 22. 2018
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Announces New Counsel
May 17, 2017