Brian is thorough, resourceful, creative, and has a keen eye for detail. He is passionate about his work and enjoys getting to know his clients and their businesses. Brian concentrates his practice on corporate and real estate matters, and he offers comprehensive, practical advice to clients on matters including mergers and acquisitions, contracts, employment, tax, leasing, licenses, and business planning and exit strategies. He also advises commercial developers and commercial lenders in real estate development projects and financing transactions.
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- Environmental Affairs Law Review, Executive Comment Editor
- Stonehill College, B.A., cum laude
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- Named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star 2019
- Cambridge Chamber of Commerce
- Stonehill College Alumni Council
- GOLD (Graduates of Last Decade) Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Represented a Project-Based Section 8 cooperative in a $30 million sale to preserve affordability at the property.
- Represented a business owner in the acquisition of a rival business and subsequently negotiated the lease of a building acquired during the transaction.
- Advised the sellers of a family owned business with nine locations throughout Massachusetts.
- frequently assists in the negotiation and settlement of partnership disputes.
- Assisted early stage companies in capital raising matters, including Series Seed and Series A financing rounds.
- SBA Provides New Guidance on Loan Necessity Questionnaires for PPP Loan Recipients: Prepare Now or Risk Being Denied Forgiveness
December 11, 2020
- Scammers Obtain Fraudulent SBA Loans by Posing as Legitimate Companies
November 3, 2020
- Change to Calculation of Wages for Commission-Based Employees
As seen in The Standard, September 2020
- SEC Adopts Changes to Accredited Investor Definition
August 27, 2020
- What Businesses Should Know About The PPP Good Faith Certification
April 30, 2020
- Addressing the Novel Coronavirus In Your Contracts
March 19, 2020
- Interpreting the Force Majeure Clause in Your Contract
March 19, 2020
- What Businesses Can Do To Prepare For Coronavirus
March 10, 2020
- Naveed Cheraghchi & Brian Reilly: The Future of Privacy Legislation
December 17, 2019
- 5 Practical Things To Consider Before Granting Equity Interests In Your New Company
August 22, 2019
- 7 Topics To Address In Every LLC Operating Agreement
July 16, 2019
- What's In Your WISP?
Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Alert, May 9, 2019
- Biometric Information Privacy Laws Could Have Major Consequences
As seen in The Standard Insurance Magazine, May 3, 2019
- Safe Banking Act 2019
Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Alert, April 22, 2019
- Biometric Information Privacy Protection Act
Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Alert, April 8, 2019
- Rhode Island Proposes New Consumer Privacy Protection Act
Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Alert, April 1, 2019
- Does Your Company Have a WISP? Have You Updated It Lately?
Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Alert, March 6, 2019
- Limit Your Risk of Data Breach Liability: 13 Important Considerations Before Providing Data to a Third Party
February 21, 2019
- Public Benefits, Corporate Burdens: Is A Benefit Corporation Right For You?
As seen in Providence Business News, February 15, 2019
- Amendments to the Massachusetts' Data Breach Notification Law Create Additional Notification and Response Requirements
Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Alert, January 2019
- How Vulnerable Is Your Business to a Cyber Attack or Data Breach?
January is a good time for all businesses to review and update their cybersecurity policies and practices, Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Alert, January 10, 2019
- Cyberliability Tips: Watch Out for Holiday Scams!
Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Alert, December 18, 2018
- Don't Be Cryptic When Talking About Crypto - A Beginner's Guide to Digital Assets
Partridge Snow & Hahn Client Advisory, December 12, 2018
- New Massachusetts Law Limits Use of Noncompetition Agreements
Published by The Standard Insurance Magazine , October 26, 2018
- Massachusetts Equal Pay Law: Major Impacts on Insurance Agencies With Mass. Employees
Published by The Standard Insurance Magazine , June 8, 2018
- Strategic Use of Referral Agreements
As seen in the March 2018 edition of The Standard Insurance Magazine, March 16, 2018
- Make Your Online Terms of Service "Uber" Enforceable
November 17, 2017
- Holding the Bag: Update Your Operating Agreement or Face the Tax Consequences
July 11, 2017
- Do You Blur the Lines Between Your Separate Companies? The Courts Might Too.
January 11, 2017
- SEC Adopts Final Rules to Amend Rule 504
December 19, 2016
- Part II: Taking Investment Advice with a Grain of Salt: The DOL Fiduciary Rules May Help Your 401(k) Plan Participation
April 13, 2016
- Part I: Taking Investment Advice with a Grain of Salt: The DOL Fiduciary Rules May Make You Rethink that Rollover
April 13, 2016
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Partnership and Closely Held Business Conflicts in the Age of COVID-19
November 20, 2020
- Employment and Corporate Best Practices Workshop
April 23, 2018
- 2017 Rhode Island Professionals Day
April 27, 2017