Bill’s practice focuses on business law, commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, and business reorganization. He is experienced in all areas of debtor and creditor rights, commercial finance, secured lending, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions, trade secret protection, and other commercial transactions and disputes.
Bill has extensive trial and appellate experience in cases before a number of state and federal courts. He represents corporate and individual clients in a wide variety of matters, including securities litigation, environmental claims, deceit and misrepresentation, real estate development, valuation controversies, contract disputes, copyright infringement, and matters for and against banking institutions.
Bill represents lenders and borrowers in the negotiation and documentation of commercial finance transactions, loan workouts and restructurings. Bill was a founding partner of Craig and Macauley Professional Corporation.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1969
- University of Washington, A.B., 1966
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- Massachusetts, 1969
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts, 1970
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Connecticut, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit, 1977
- U.S. Tax Court, 1982
- AV® Preeminent Rated from Martindale-Hubbell, highest possible rating on both legal ability and ethics based upon the confidential opinion of peers and judges
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2018 as an expert in bankruptcy law, creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law
- Recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Law and Politics and Boston Magazine
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Boston University
- Trustee Emeriti
- Massachusetts Audubon
- Council Member
- Partridge Snow & Hahn Attorneys Have Been Named to the 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
November 5, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 Names PS&H Providence Attorneys Bernardo, Gamboli, Gilden, Merten and McCarthy "Lawyers of the Year"
11 Attorneys in Providence and Boston Named “Best Lawyers”, August 16, 2017