Suzanne also litigates commercial real estate matters, property disputes, closely held business disputes, and other complex business matters. Suzanne's litigation experience includes first-chair trials in both state and federal court, arbitrations, mediations, and significant pre-trial expertise.
Suzanne has impressive experience in state and federal courts, representing individuals and corporations in breach of contract, employment and shareholder disputes, intellectual property matters involving trademarks and copyrights, and litigation – from trial through appeals – regarding land and property ownership.
Suzanne also provides pro bono services to early childhood education organizations, and to the Boston community through the Lawyer's Clearinghouse.
Prior to joining the firm, Suzanne was counsel at Todd & Weld, LLP and an associate at Ropes & Gray, LLP in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
- Liberty University, B.S.
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- Named to Massachusetts Super Lawyers for Business Litigation (2018-2019)
- Named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star for Business Litigation (2015-2017)
- Named an Up and Coming Lawyer by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as part of Excellence in the Law 2016
- Women's Bar Association
- Board of Directors Member (2017-2018)
- Women's Leadership Initiative (2015-2016)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Professional Ethics Committee (2016-2017)
- Boston Bar Association
Representative WorkBreach of Contract
- Served as first chair representing law firm in arbitration of contract dispute resulting in successful award for full amount owed under the contract.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of Montreal-based lighting company in contract dispute.
- Obtained a $3.5 million defamation award from a federal jury on behalf of Saudi Arabian scientist Hayat Sindi, who sued Samia El-Mouslimany and her mother arising from numerous publications accusing Dr. Sindi of fabricating and exaggerating her academic credentials. She also persuaded the judge presiding over the trial to issue an injunction permanently barring the defendants from repeating defamatory statements about Dr. Sindi in the future.
- Served as first chair in trial concerning post-retirement employment/contract dispute in the District Court of the Virgin Islands.
- Obtained favorable settlement in favor of automobile franchise dealership in dispute with automobile manufacturer.
- Defeated a motion for preliminary injunction on behalf of client who was the successful low-bidder for a high-profile public transportation contract.
- Successfully negotiated in favor of client favorable resolution of Civil Investigative Demand issued by Massachusetts Attorney General, Antitrust Division.
- Obtained dismissal of U.S. Bankruptcy Court adversary proceeding alleging various violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.
- Represented community group through trial and appeals process in a dispute over ownership of cottages built on land owned by a town.
- Obtained as first chair at bench trial a decision defeating a claim of a mother to her deceased son's condominium unit in which he had held title, upholding the man's widow's ownership rights to the property.
- Obtained dismissal of truancy allegations in Juvenile Court on behalf of a mother and her children who were subject to religious discrimination.
- COVID-19 Is Going to Get Your Company Sued for Wage Payment Mistakes
As seen in The Anchor, September 2020
Representative Speaking Engagements
- PS&H Counsel Suzanne Elovecky Presents Getting the Benefit of the Bargain in Breach of Contract Claims
September 22, 2021
- Colin Coleman and Suzanne Elovecky Present Hot Topics In Risk Management For In-House Counsel
May 5, 2021
- Partnership and Closely Held Business Conflicts in the Age of COVID-19
November 20, 2020