Rob has represented businesses, associations, government agencies, and individuals in litigation and arbitration proceedings for 25 years. He also counsels clients on antitrust, unfair competition, consumer litigation defense, and other trade regulation issues.
Rob has handled a diverse range of contract, business tort and intellectual property lawsuits involving the banking, construction, manufacturing and insurance industries, among others. Drawing on the expertise developed for his treatise, Testimonial Privileges, he represents attorneys and accountants in cases involving alleged malpractice and ethics violations. He has successfully argued in the federal appeals courts and the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
Rob has served in top leadership positions on the boards of numerous Rhode Island nonprofits, and has broad experience with nonprofit legal and management issues including board governance, conflicts of interest, financial supervision and reporting, investment policy, for-profit subsidiaries and related activities, charitable foundation oversight, and crisis communications.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude
- Yale University, B.A., cum laude
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- District of Columbia
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Land Use & Environmental
- Commercial Restructuring & Asset Recovery
- Charitable & Nonprofit Organizations
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America as an expert in commercial litigation
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Antitrust and Litigation Sections
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Antitrust Section
- Providence Public Library
- Providence Public Library Foundation
- Past-Vice Chairman
- Providence Preservation Society
- Chair, Governance Committee
- Business Innovation Factory
- Board of Directors
- Successful representation of health insurer challenging cuts in federal reimbursement.
- Successful coverage defense of national title insurance company.
- Successful defense of warranty, fraud and breach of contract claims against yacht broker.
- Successful defense of bank customer’s contract, tortious interference and trade secret claims against bank.
- Successful defense of payroll processing company in embezzlement case.
- Successful representation in numerous trademark, trade dress and copyright infringement lawsuits.
- Successful representation in numerous commercial contract disputes.
- Overturned controversial eminent domain taking on public purpose grounds.
- Successful representation of large REIT on complex property rights and easement issues.
- Successful representation of breach of fiduciary duty claims against directors, officers, shareholders and trustees.
- Successful defense of antitrust claims arising from dealer termination.
- Successful defense of California false advertising and deceptive trade practices action.
- Successful defense of antitrust claims against state agency.
- Successful defense of health insurer on monopolization and attempted monopolization claims.
- Successful representation of national manufacturer in federal price fixing investigation.
- Successful representation of companies and private equity funds in merger reviews.
- Successful enforcement of borrower guaranties and loan agreements.
- Make Your Charity Great Again; Double-Check Your Compliance With State Registration Laws
October 17, 2016
- "Antitrust and Trade Regulation Briefing May 2013"
- "Antitrust and Trade Regulation Briefing February 2013"
- Partridge Snow & Hahn Attorneys Have Been Named to the 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
November 5, 2018
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
American Lawyer Media, October 22. 2018
- Robert Taylor Receives Trustee Award from Rhode Island Library Association
June 8, 2018
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 Names PS&H Providence Attorneys Bernardo, Gamboli, Gilden, Merten and McCarthy "Lawyers of the Year"
11 Attorneys in Providence and Boston Named “Best Lawyers”, August 16, 2017