The topic of the webinar covers what Massachusetts employers need to know about Paid Family Medical Leave (PFML).
Paid Family Medical Leave is a state-offered benefit for anyone who works in Massachusetts and is eligible to take up to 26 weeks of paid leave for medical or family reasons. It is funded through a Massachusetts tax and is separate from both the benefits offered by the federal Family Medical Leave Act and from leave benefits that may be offered by an individual business. PFML benefits become available next January.
Among other topics, the panelists will discuss:
- Fielding leave requests in December 2020 – when is leave available, for what reasons, and for how long?
- How PFML differs so significantly from FMLA
- Interplay between PFML and your existing leave policies
- Navigating the chaos of intermittent leave
Michael was joined on the panel by:
- Brian J. Mullin from Bowditch & Dewey
- Greg Vanden-Eykel from Barton Gilman
If you were unable to attend the live session, the full recording of the webinar can be viewed by registering here.