As Chair of the Firm’s Insurance Practice, Dave works on regulatory compliance with many segments of the insurance industry, including foreign and domestic insurance companies, producers and agencies. Dave defends insurance companies in contested matters before the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation and in civil cases in state and federal courts. He advises insurance companies with regard to Insurance Business Transfers under Rhode Island’s Insurance Regulation 68, a law unique to Rhode Island that allows a novation of an insurance book of business upon transfer. Dave also counsels insurance producers in licensing and agency acquisitions.
After graduating from law school, Dave served as a Rhode Island Superior Court Judicial Law Clerk. Prior to practicing law, he was an assistant controller of a local not-for-profit organization.
- Roger Williams School of Law, J.D., 2005
- American University, B.S., 2000
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- Rhode Island, 2005
- Massachusetts, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island, 2007
- First Circuit Court of Appeals, 2012
- Banking & Financial Institutions Regulatory Compliance
- Charitable & Nonprofit Organizations
- Cannabis Advisory Practice
- Providence Business News 2014 40 Under Forty Honoree
- Named a 2010, 2012 - 2017 Rhode Island Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
- Women’s Resource Center “Men Who Make A Difference” 2012
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Federal Bench Bar Committee
- Boston Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Massachusetts Mortgage Bankers Association
- Compliance Committee
- Roger Williams University School of Law
- Pro Bono Collaborative
- Advisory Committee Member
- Host Committee
- Foster Forward
- Board of Directors, Secretary
- Common Cause RI
- Governance Board Member
- Partnership for Future Greater Providence
- Board of Directors
- Leadership Rhode Island
- Program Committee 2018
- 2015 Lambda II Class
- Voluntary Restructuring - Opportunities for RI
As seen in The Anchor, Third Quarter 2018 edition, November 1, 2018
- (Re)Setting the Table for Insurance Business Transfers
Published by The Standard Insurance Magazine , August 3, 2018
- Cyber Insurance - Some Questions to Ask
As seen in the Fourth Quarter 2017 edition of The Anchor, January 15, 2018
- Is Your Business Insured Against A Cyber Attack?
October 19, 2017
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Ruling will Lead to More Disappointments for Employers who Purchase EPLI Policies
June 26, 2017
- Cannabis: Potential Implications
As seen in the Second Quarter 2017 edition of The Anchor, Second Quarter 2017
- Start with a Plan
As seen in the First Quarter 2017 edition of The Anchor, First Quarter 2017
- The New Massachusetts Recreational Marijuana Law – Impact on the Insurance Industry
December 21, 2016
- Emails and Text Messages: More Scary Than You Think
As seen in The Anchor, Fourth Quarter 2016 edition, Fourth Quarter, 2016
- Excluding Pain and Suffering - Trending
As seen in The Anchor, Second Quarter 2016 edition., Second Quarter 2016
- Spotlight on Data Security
As seen in Providence Business News , June 17, 2016. , June 17, 2016
- Cyber Preparation Moves to Main Street
As seen in The Anchor First Quarter 2016, First Quarter 2016
- The Nature of Workers' Compensation as Affected by Pain and Suffering
- Insurance for Sharing
As seen in the Fourth Quarter 2015 edition of The Anchor, the Independent Insurance Agents of Rhode Island Magazine, 01 March 2016
- Rhode Island General Assembly Clarifies Intent of Foreclosure Mediation Law
- "Lending Industry Take Note: Federal Fair Housing Act Provides For Disparate-Impact Liability"
- "New Rhode Island Banking Regulations to Promote Uniformity"
- "R.I. Supreme Court Clarifies Borrowers' Standing To Challenge Mortgage Assignments"
- "U.S. Supreme Court Agrees to Resolve Whether the FHA Provides for Disparate Impact Liability"
- "Don't Ask Unless You Tell: Most Charities Need to Register Before Soliciting Contributions"
- "Massachusetts SJC Rules on Effect of 90/150-Day Right to Cure Notice on Validity of Foreclosure"
- "Changes to Rhode Island Foreclosure Statute Require Mediation for Certain Foreclosures"
- "Is it a Private Foundation in the Eyes of the IRS?"
- "Many States Switching to Uniform MLO Test"
- "Federal Court Judge Appoints Special Master"
- "RI Federal Court Issues Order Staying Certain Foreclosure Challenge Cases"
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Christopher Currier and David Pellegrino Presented to Massachusetts Bankers Association
February 15, 2018
- Credit Union of Rhode Island Charity Golf Tournament
July 17, 2017
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
American Lawyer Media, October 22. 2018
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars