Click here for current COVID-19 information and resources relating to Construction.
Our Construction Practice represents building owners, contractors, design professionals, and material suppliers in the public, commercial and residential construction industry in transactional and litigation matters. We protect our clients by drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts to achieve our clients’ objectives and minimize future claims. We also try, arbitrate, and mediate a constellation of construction disputes including payment and performance issues.
Representation on a wide variety of claimsContract drafting, reviewing, and negotiating including:
- AIA contracts
- BIM contract negotiation & risk allocation AGC certification
- Custom agreements
- Industry specific contracts
- Mechanic’s liens
- Payment bond claims
- Debt collection
- Defective work
- Performance bond claims
- Scope of work
- Backcharge disputes
- Delay claims
- Change order disputes
- Liquidated damages
- Breach of contract claims
- Insurance coverage issues
- Bid protests
- Construction site accidents involving property damage or personal injury
- OSHA violations
- Alternative dispute resolution
- March 31, 2020 - Gov. Baker revised the list of “essential” services in Massachusetts. The revised list can be found at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-essential-services. Most Commercial Construction Is No Longer "Essential" And Must Shut Down PS&H Client Alert published April 1, 2020.
- March 31, 2020 - Many people in the construction industry believe the force majeure clause waives the requirement for making a claim for an extension of time. A Force Majeure Trap Within Construction Contracts PS&H Client Alert published March 31, 2020.
- March 18, 2020 - The coronavirus has the potential to disrupt project schedules. It is imperative to understand your rights should such a disruption occur. Rights Arising From Coronavirus-Related Project Shutdown PS&H Client Alert published March 18, 2020