Chris is Chair of the Firm’s Commercial Lending Practice Group and focuses his practice in the areas of commercial lending, real estate and business law. He advises lenders and borrowers in connection with commercial loan transactions, as well as workouts, foreclosures and restructurings. Chris also provides counsel to businesses on a range of real estate and corporate matters including sales and acquisitions and leasing.
- Syracuse University, College of Law, J.D., 1993
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, B.A., 1990
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Real Estate section
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Real Estate section
- American Bar Association
- Hamilton Conservation Commission
- Choate Farm Homeowners Association
- Represented community banks and national banks on numerous loan transactions involving manufacturing, construction, real estate financing, service-oriented businesses, and other borrowers.
- Represented a national bank on multiple syndicated loans to various franchise restaurant chains, including a $100,000,000 loan transaction.
- Represented a Massachusetts quasi-government agency on numerous transactions providing loans to companies in need of non-traditional financing.
- Represented community banks in connection with the workouts and foreclosure of commercial properties, including incomplete condominium developments, restaurants, apartment buildings, and other commercial and residential projects.
- Represented a major real estate developer in connection with the sale of an 18-hole golf course and residential development project on the North Shore.
- Represented major real estate developers in connection with the financing of several large commercial projects.
- Represented developers creating commercial and residential condominiums.
- Legislative Gridlock Anticipated to Impact Regulatory Relief for Banking Industry
As seen in Banker & Tradesman, November 11, 2018
- "Real Estate Brokerage Laws and Customs: Massachusetts"
Practical Law - Thomson Reuters, January 2015
- "New Requirements Regarding Flood Insurance in Massachusetts"
- "Are Your Procedures in Compliance with the Updated UCC Article 9?"