In addition to his litigation practice, Brian has taught as an Assistant Adjunct Professor at Tulane University’s School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine. He taught a course on occupational safety and health via the University’s Distance Learning Program.
Brian also has a long-standing relationship with Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH). Since 2013, he has assisted with organizing a charity gala to benefit Child Life Services, which works to improve the quality of life of children receiving medical care at BCH.
While attending Boston College Law School, he provided pro bono assistance for a variety of clients in need on diverse civil litigation matters including housing and family law issues, as part of the Boston College Civil Litigation Clinic.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Boston College, B.A.
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- Brief of Amicus Curiae, Defendants' Liaison Counsel Supporting Appellant, Metropolitan Life Ins Co. v Stearns, and Oliver, (No. SJC 12544)
- Rafferty Recklessness: Supreme Judicial Court Limits, But Declines to Dismiss, Suit Against Pharma, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association Newsletter, MassDLA
- Brief of Amicus Curiae, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association Supporting Respondent, Rafferty v. Merck & Co., Inc., October 23, 2019, (No. SJC-12347)
- Expanding Enforcement: The Developing Field of Cybersecurity, Massachusetts Lawyers Journal, Massachusetts Bar Association
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Best Practices in Handling Construction Payment Disputes
March 12, 2020