Paul concentrates his practice in representing clients in complex civil litigation and serves as Chair of the Firm's Litigation Practice Group. His cases include breach of contract, commercial, insurance, intellectual property, environmental, and real estate disputes at the trial and appellate levels.
Prior to joining Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP, Paul was a litigator at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP.
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, 2004, Articles Editor, Columbia Business Law Review
- Providence College, B.A. Political Science and Economics, summa cum laude, 2001
Bar Memberships & Admissions
- Massachusetts, 2004
- Rhode Island, 2004
- U.S. Federal District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. Federal District Court, Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in American 2018 as an expert in commercial litigation
- Selected as a “Rising Star” in business litigation by Rhode Island Super Lawyers
- Selected as a “Future Star” by Benchmark: Litigation
- Recognized by Providence Business News as a 2012 40 Under Forty Honoree
- Recognized by the New England Business Bulletin as a 2011 Top Young Professional Under Forty
- American Bar Association
- Member, Litigation Section’s Commercial & Business Litigation Committee
- Co-Chair, E-Discovery Subcommittee
- Co-chair, News and Developments Editors Subcommittee
- Defense Counsel of Rhode Island
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Member, President's Council
- Providence College
- Member, Liberal Arts Honors Leadership Council
- Member, President's Council
- Advise client with regard to scope and applicability of insurance regulation in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- Represent one of the nation's largest insurance companies in litigation involving life insurance sales practices.
- Successfully briefed and argued before the Massachusetts Appeals Court on behalf of a municipality concerning the scope of that municipality's power to revoke building permits, issue cease and desist orders, and control the application of its bylaws.
- Successfully defended a publicly traded chemical manufacturing and biotechnology firm against a multi-million dollar suit brought by a former landlord.
- Obtained a judgment, on behalf of mechanics' lienholders, subordinating over $20 million in mortgages held by an international bank to the clients' liens.
- Successfully represented financial institution on reopened Chapter 11 bankruptcy adversary proceedings.
- U.S. District Court Officially Adopts Established R.I. Deposition Standards
As seen in RI Lawyers Weekly, August 16, 2018
- Bankruptcy bar assesses Supreme Court nixing of structured dismissal
Paul Kessimian was quoted in a Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly article, April 13, 2017
- New Supreme Court Decision Reminds Parties to Bankruptcies to Keep their Priorities Straight
March 31, 2017
- Got A Priority Bankruptcy Claim? Nothing To Worry About Then, Right? Wrong.
03 November 2016
- The Nature of Workers' Compensation as Affected by Pain and Suffering
- "Harsh & Costly Lesson from Unilateral Use of E-Discovery Tools"
- "e-Discovery Update: Avoid Sanctions by Appropriately Preserving Electronically Stored Information"
Representative Speaking Engagements
- PS&H Partners Michael Gamboli and Paul Kessimian Speak at Rhode Island Bar Association 2018 Annual Meeting
June 6, 2018
- Partridge Snow & Hahn Named in Benchmark Litigation's 2019 Rankings and Stars
December 7, 2018
- Partridge Snow & Hahn Attorneys Have Been Named to the 2019 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
November 5, 2018
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2018 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
American Lawyer Media, October 22. 2018
- PS&H Attorneys Named 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 Names PS&H Providence Attorneys Bernardo, Gamboli, Gilden, Merten and McCarthy "Lawyers of the Year"
11 Attorneys in Providence and Boston Named “Best Lawyers”, August 16, 2017
- Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Announces New Managing Partner and Other Firm Leaders
April 1, 2017
- Paul Kessimian named a winner of Benchmark Litigation Under 40 Hot List - 2016
August 16, 2016