David focuses his practice in the area of public finance and serves as bond counsel to numerous governmental entities, underwriter’s counsel, purchaser’s counsel, and borrower’s counsel. In his career, he has been involved in the issuance of over $1 billion in tax-exempt securities in various types of transactions, including public offerings, direct bank purchases, and conduit issuances for both new money and refinancing of existing debt, as well as tax-exempt lease financing transactions.
David has also provided legal advice to public entities involved in the financing, construction, and operation of various types of public projects, including water and sewer facilities, solid waste facilities, and municipal buildings, including design-build, design-build-operate, and operation/maintenance contracts.
David’s practice also includes representing businesses and non-profit entities in financings, asset purchases and other corporate transactions, as well as general corporate governance and compliance matters.
- David served as Bond Counsel for the Rhode Island Convention Center Authority’s $45 million, 2018 Series A Bonds, which were issued to finance the parking garage and related commercial and retail space adjacent to the Garrahy Courthouse in Providence. David was also Bond Counsel to the Convention Center Authority for the issuance of its $68,720,000, 2017 Series A Refunding Revenue Bonds, which will provide over $5.7 million in net present value savings for the Authority.
- David acted as Co-Bond Counsel for the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation’s issuance of its Series 2016A Grant Anticipation (GARVEE) Refunding Bonds and Series 2016B GARVEE Bonds, which were issued under the State’s RhodeWorks program and provided almost half a billion dollars of financing to fund road, bridge and other transportation projects within the State.
- Legal Framework and Benefits of Public-Private Partnerships, Rhode Island Bar Journal Vol. 64 No. 4, 2016
- Medical Marijuana Business Regulatory Landscape in Rhode Island and Other States, Rhode Island Bar Journal Vol. 63 No. 6, 2015
- In re Review of Proposed Town of New Shoreham Project: A Survey and Commentary on an Important Decision for Rhode Island’s Renewable Energy Development, Roger Williams University Law Review Vol. 17. No. 1, 2012
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- St. Mary’s Feast Society (Comitato Festa di Maria SS della Civita)
- Rhode Island Catholic Cemeteries Advisory Board