Mr. Snow provides counsel to clients in complex civil trials including antitrust and trade practices, banking and consumer finance, intellectual property, employment and health care. Mr. Snow has over 100 reported federal and state court decisions to his credit, including a landmark constitutional case (Salve Regina College v. Russell) which he successfully argued to the United States Supreme Court. Steve has served as lead trial counsel in some of the region’s most notable civil cases, including precedent-setting antitrust, constitutional, and consumer class action litigation.
- AV® Preeminent Rated from Martindale-Hubbell, highest possible rating on both legal ability and ethics based upon the confidential opinion of peers and judges
- Consistently recognized as a top litigator by Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Benchmark: Litigation, and Super Lawyers.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America
LIST OF REPRESENTATIVE CASES
- Successful defense to challenge against exclusive dealing networks in prescription drug plans.
- Successful defense of “most favored nation” provisions in provider agreements. This case is generally considered landmark in field.
- Obtained permanent injunction on behalf of major retailer to enforce terms of antitrust settlement.
- Successfully defended a bank against refusal to deal and boycott claims.
- Successful defense of healthcare antitrust class action.
- Successful defense of consumer class action under Rhode Island Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Successful defense of consumer class action concerning credit card practices.
- Upheld arbitration clause defense in consumer class action.
- Successful defense of consumer class action against mortgage servicer.
- Successful defense of breach of fiduciary duty claim.
- Successful defense of consumer class action.
- Unusual defendant class action challenging legality of Massachusetts Attorney General’s regulations concerning certain lending activities.
- Successful defense of a college in landmark case concerning the nature of relationship between college and students; U.S. Supreme Court ruled that federal appellate courts are constitutionally required to review cases where state law provides rule of decision.
- Landmark case before the Rhode Island Supreme Court, removed the name of an official from the ballot in a special election occasioned by his resignation.
- Successfully defended State in challenge to constitutional authority of prior Governor to bind State by executing compact with an Indian tribe.
- Successfully defended the State in an equal protection and sex discrimination case.
- Established rule that privilege against self incrimination can support negative inference in civil case.
- Successful defense of an elected official in a civil rights action.
- Overturned adverse rulings in breach of contract and fraud action.
- Action against title insurance carrier.
- Successful defense of major warranty case.
- Successful defense of securities fraud action.
- Defense of consumer class action against health insurance plan.
- Successfully defended and prosecuted a number of patent infringement claims.
- Defense and prosecution of trademark, copyright, and trade secret cases.