Dan is a member of the Firm’s Real Estate and Corporate Groups. His practice focuses on the development, leasing and financing of commercial real estate, as well as commercial lending and general corporate law.
Dan represents regional developers, owners and lenders in connection with the acquisition, construction, leasing, financing and divestiture of various types of commercial real estate assets, including retail shopping centers, multi-family apartment communities and condominiums (commercial, residential and mixed use). Dan has experience with various types of loan facilities, including construction and mortgage loans, securitized loan facilities and both senior and mezzanine financing. Dan also has experience representing private equity fund clients in connection with fund and capital formations, portfolio investments and general compliance issues.
Dan counsels clients with respect to entity selection, structuring and formation, and general corporate governance matters.
CALI Excellence Award,
- Business Planning - State Constitutional Law
- Represented client in connection with the acquisition of a strip mall property located in Rhode Island; representation included negotiating and closing the acquisition financing through the use of traditional senior and bridge loans with a takeout of the bridge loan through SBA 504 financing.
- Assisted client in connection with opening a new restaurant and lounge located in Providence, Rhode Island; representation included lease negotiations and drafting, general corporate work, and appearing before both the Providence Zoning and Licensing Boards, where the client was successful in obtaining all necessary permits, approvals and licenses (including a special use permit and full liquor and entertainment licenses).
- Represented a local landowner in connection with the permitting of a major subdivision project in southern Rhode Island; after obtaining final approval for the subdivision, also represented the landowner in connection with the negotiation and sale of the approved project to a developer.
- Represented client in connection with the formation and initial capitalization of a renewable energy finance consultancy; representation included assisting the client in negotiating, drafting and closing an initial round of convertible debt financing and general corporate governance matters.