Lauren is a trial lawyer who works diligently to find the best solutions for her clients’ needs. She concentrates her practice in various areas of complex commercial litigation including telecommunications, construction, contract and license disputes.
Lauren represents clients in state and federal courts across the country. Her appellate experience includes arguing before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the First, Eighth and Ninth Circuits. She has also represented entities before the Federal Communications Commissions, various state public utility commissions and tribal courts.
Lauren has experience litigating cases and counseling clients in a wide variety of complex telecommunications and technology disputes, including cases arising out of contract, tariff, commercial tort and the Federal Telecommunications Act. Representative matters include:
- Obtained a defense judgment for one of the world’s largest conference calling companies after federal court trial in which Qwest Communications Corp. sought to hold client liable for more than $2 million for terminating access and other charges.
- Achieved favorable settlement for one of the world’s largest conference calling companies in license dispute with Google concerning complex intellectual property
- Counsel for Tribally owned telephone company in South Dakota in multiple disputes in federal court and administrative proceedings.
Lauren represents clients on various aspects of construction law including the prosecution/defense of delay, inefficiency, defect, extra work, changed condition, mechanic’s lien, bond, contract disputes and claims, and advises on the wide variety of issues that arise on construction projects from contract negotiation to project wrap-up.
- Negotiated settlements in favor of general contractor who defaulted on large scale Boston public construction contract.
- Attained judgment for breach of commercial lease and defended against eminent domain defenses.
Complex Litigation and Business Law
Lauren also represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation and business law matters including commercial contract cases, business tort cases, civil RICO, fraud, technology license disputes, legal malpractice claims, 93A suits, and environmental contamination cases.
- Obtained jury verdict against business owner for breach of non-competition agreement and asset purchase agreement.
- Represented large hedge fund in liquidation in private arbitration against investors with over $100 million in claims asserted against it.
- Net Neutrality Rollback Raises Significant Questions
Law360, December 20, 2017
- Rumored Merger Between T-Mobile and Sprint Called Off
Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Take Note E-Alert, November 6, 2017
- And Then There Were Three? Telecom Deregulation Likely to Happen
Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Take Note E-Alert, November 3, 2017
- Net Neutrality - Time is Running Out
Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Take Note E-Alert, August 30, 2017
- Keeping ROBO Callers From Finding Your New Phone Number
Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Take Note E-Alert, July 14, 2017
- Telemarketing and ROBO calls: Top Consumer Complaints Received by the FCC
Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Take Note E-Alert, June 30, 2017
- Privacy, Please
Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP Take Note E-Alert, March 2017
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Board Member for The Children’s Way Preschool in Wayland, MA since 2013. Also acted as fundraising chair for 2014-2016 and elected to be Co-President for 2016-2017.
- Member of the Dudley Pond Association, an association of residents committed to clean water and lakes in Massachusetts, since 2014.
- Member of Young Professionals of Boston, Vassar College Alumni since 2006