Baker is a business lawyer who concentrates on corporate and transactional matters. His practice includes mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity finance, commercial borrowing and lending, regulatory and compliance matters, and corporate governance and entity formation. Baker also acts as general outside counsel to a range of clients and advises on various strategic relationships, joint ventures, leasing matters, and distribution, manufacturing and service agreements. Baker’s counsel helps clients assess and manage risk, and evaluate new business opportunities.
- Named a "New England Super Lawyers Rising Star" in the area of Mergers and Acquisitions
- Participated in representation of the purchaser of a multi-million dollar surgical component manufacturing business.
- Represented sellers of two privately-held insurance agency businesses.
- Advised various nonprofit organizations in connection with the adoption of bylaws and related corporate governance matters.
- Advised client in connection with the expansion of its retail sales business activities into various international markets.
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Business Organizations Committee
- Washington, D.C. Bar Association
- Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Section
- Social Enterprise Greenhouse
- Business Coach, 2016 SEEED Summit
- Committee Member, "Best for Rhode Island" Initiative
- The Providence Athenaeum
- The Providence Foundation
On a Personal Note
During law school, Baker served as a clerk in the Division of Clearing and Risk at the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission in Washington, D.C. and as a summer law clerk to the Rhode Island Superior Court. While in college, Baker co-founded a leading literary magazine and served as its Editor-in-Chief.
A Providence native, Baker takes great pride in supporting local cultural institutions like Providence Waterfire and the Providence Athenaeum. In his free time, Baker plays golf, tennis, and enjoys jogging on the Blackstone Boulevard.